Building Bright Futures for Our ChildrenProven Leadership and Experience
- Eight years of proven success working with parents and teachers to improve education,
- Incumbent two-term elected member of the Nevada State Board of Education,
- Four years of leadership as Vice President of State Board of Education,
- Led state efforts that helped improve Nevada's high school graduation rate from 63% to 84%,
- Transformed the State Board of Education into Nevada's most respected school board.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal and Las Vegas Sun Newspapers,
- Vegas Chamber of Commerce,
- State and local educators (NSEA and CCEA),
- Professional Fire Fighters of Nevada,
- Clark County Black Caucus
- Culinary Workers
- Rated "Excellent Supporter of Veterans" by the Nevada Veterans Council.
Nevada State Board of Education Vice President Mark Newburn announces his re-election campaign. Link
Core Beliefs on Education
Taxpayers Have Rights - - the right to know their hard-earned dollars are being spent wisely and for basics in education.
Parents Have Rights - the right to send their children to a safe, high performing school.
Students Have Rights - the right to be taught a challenging 21st-century curriculum by a highly qualified teacher.
Educators Have Rights - the right to a decent wage and respect for their chosen profession.